Wednesday, August 12, 2026

I'm Bored of Being Bored

The problem with starting a blog is you have to have something to write about, which means either you have to do something exciting or something exciting has to happen to you.  Right now, the most exciting thing in my life is that I'm rewatching MTV's Awkward, a show I loved deeply in the years it aired and remember watching in my childhood bedroom, on the box TV I inherited when my parents upgraded to a flat screen.  Jenna Hamilton, the main character, bounces romantically between Matty McKibben and Jake Rosati and documents the whole dramatic affair on her blog.

Now, there's no sum of money that would make me want to re-live the drama of high school, but would it kill me to elicit a little excitement from my life??? I'm growing bored with the lameness of my life!  I need to channel Jenna and participate in my own storyline, if I'm going to write about anything worth reading. What can I do to shake things up, blogosphere? I am now accepting suggestions...

No comments:

Post a Comment